The Lytro camera is the world's first light field camera that allows you to interactively change the focus point of view after you take the picture. It captures fundamentally different data than conventional cameras. The camera records the entire light field - all the rays of light traveling in every direction through a scene - instead of a flat 2D image.
You can refocus a picture and change perspective in the scene of a picture after you take it. You can also view them in 3D. This means you can create interactive, living pictures that tell a unique story. When you share these living pictures with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter, they can interact and play with the pictures too. Check out the amazing things you can do with your Lytro photos HERE.
As an added bonus, each order will include a Lytro Leather Carry-All Case ($29.99 Value):
- Simple, elegant design for carrying your Lytro Camera
- Protect you Lytro Camera and carry all your Lytro Accessories
- Take your Lytro with you everywhere you go in style
Don't forget to add some great accessories to your Lytro camera below:
- Lytro Camera Sleeve w/ Wrist Strap for Lytro Light Field Camera HERE
- Lytro Tripod Adapter for Lytro Light Field Camera HERE
- [5-Pack] Lytro Lanyard Wrist Straps HERE
The Lytro camera is not intended to replace your point-and-shoot camera or DSLR; resolution is optimized for sharing over the web. It's an additional camera you'll take with you that will showcase some of the unique and evolving abilities of light field photography.
Perspective Shift allows you to interactively change your point of view in a picture after you’ve taken the picture. On a computer or mobile device, you can shift the living picture in any direction; left, right, up, down and all around.
Perspective Shift works on light field pictures you’ve previously taken and with any new pictures you take. Change your perspective and see the moment come alive.
The Lytro camera is built around revolutionary technology that captures and processes the entire light field. So it’s no surprise that it’s radically different, inside and out.
The anodized aluminum housing makes the camera strong yet lightweight.
Easy to hold, precision-tooled silicone enables you to effortlessly shoot with one hand or with two.
No autofocus means none of the shutter delay that comes with it. Instantly capture a shot before the moment is gone.
Running your fingertip across the slider controls the optical zoom.
An 8x optical zoom lens with a constant f/2 aperture offers a wide range of creative shots.
Light field sensor
We joined a micro-lens array to a digital image sensor to capture the color, intensity, and direction of light entering the camera — 11 million light rays to be precise.
Light field engine
This is where the magic happens. The Light Field Engine processes the light rays captured by the sensor, so you can view it on the screen and refocus with a tap.
You control most of the camera functions with a tap or a swipe. And the backlit display lets you compose, review, and refocus your pictures
Create pictures that wow
The Lytro camera gives you two ways to create living pictures. In Everyday Mode, with just the simple press of the shutter button, you’ll capture life’s great moments and each day’s priceless expressions.
In Creative Mode, you control the blur in the scene with just a tap. You can create amazing pictures like those with refocus between a small flower and a mountain range or along the legs of an ant crawling on the lens. You can also capture high zoom shots and compose dramatic portraits. You’ll never look at pictures the same way.
Take control of your scene
The Lytro camera now gives you more control over the light in the scene with the addition of Manual Controls. Set shutter speed and ISO through simple access of the controls from the camera’s touchscreen. Use Manual Controls to capture pictures like light painting shots with dramatic refocus and living pictures in motion.
The ISO range is 80 (min) to 3200 (max), and the minimum shutter speed is 1/250. You can also lock exposure and control the ND filter.
Enhance your pictures with Living Filters
Try out a new way to play with living pictures with nine interactive filters accessible from both Lytro Desktop and Lytro Mobile for iOS. Living Filters respond to every click to show off your unique style and imagination.
Give an evening shot more drama with the Film Noir Filter. Use the Carnival Filter to let friends twist the scene. Living Filters increase the fun in your light field pictures – including pictures you’ve previously taken.
Share in the moment, wirelessly
The free Lytro Mobile App, combined with your camera's built in Wi-Fi capabilities, allows you to upload living pictures directly to your Lytro Web Gallery and Facebook from your iPhone or iPod Touch. You can process your living pictures for Perspective Shift, export to anaglyph red and blue 3D JPG, and save them to your camera roll. Lytro Mobile also lets you share living pictures to Twitter or Facebook, or save them as an animated GIF to send to your friends and family.
Discover great shots
The Lytro Mobile App also makes it easy to view popular and recent images shared to Lytro.com so that you can discover what other light field photographers are shooting.
From your camera to your computer to your world
Get ready to share. Import your living pictures to your computer with the free Lytro Desktop application and they’ll be ready to refocus, sort, and share. Lytro Desktop also allows you to process your living pictures for Perspective Shift, All-in-Focus, and 3D. You can easily arrange your pictures by date, organize them into stories, or add them to your favorites. When you’re ready to share with friends or family, Lytro Desktop makes that just as simple.
Works with both Mac and Windows?Lytro Desktop works with Mac OS X 10.7 or later (Intel Core 2 Duo or newer), Windows 7 (64-bit only), and Windows 8 (64-bit only).
Explore a new dimension
Dive to new depths and interact with your living pictures in an entirely new way. Process any of your pictures, old or new, for Perspective Shift and enjoy them in stunning 3D on Lytro Desktop. Have an Apple Airplay device or computer connected to a TV? Even better. Extend the Lytro Experience to the living room using Presentation Mode, viewing 2D and 3D in full screen for everyone to enjoy.
3D support isn’t limited to 3D HDTVs, either. Lytro Desktop and Lytro Mobile can display anaglyph red and blue 3D on any connected display.
Sharing is good
Any Living Picture you’ve posted can be shared on Twitter, Google+, or your blog — and you can email friends a link to your picture in the Lytro Web Gallery.
Your pictures are in for a lot of clicks. And taps? When friends check out the living pictures you’ve shared, they get to explore them the same way you do. They can refocus again and again just by clicking or tapping, shift the perspective, and post their comments. It doesn’t matter whether they’re using a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone. And they don’t need any special software. It’s just like looking at ordinary pictures. Except a lot more fun.
Desktop Software Minimum Requirements:
- Lytro Desktop 4: Windows (Windows 7 or higher, 64-bit; Dual Core; DirectX 10+), Mac (10.9 or higher)
- Lytro Desktop 3: Windows (Windows 7 or higher, 64-bit; DirectX 10+), Mac (10.7-10.9 (NOT compatible with 10.10))
- 8x optical zoom lens
- Share in the moment, wirelessly
- Perspective Shift allows you to interactively change the focus point of view after you take the picture
- Aluminum housing
- Revolutionary technology that captures and processes the entire light field
- No autofocus means none of the shutter delay
- Backlit touchscreen display
Yours Until Gone!
What’s In The Box?
- Lytro Light Field Digital Camera - 4 Styles to Choose From
- Lytro Leather Carry All Case
Light Field Sensor:
- Sensor size: 4.6 x 4.6mm
- Pixels per microlens: 100
- Megarays: 11 (the number of light rays captured by the light field sensor)
- Light Field Engine: v2.0
- Aspect ratio: 1:1
- Resolution: 1080 x 1080 pixels
- File type: .lfp (Light field picture file)
- Constant f/2 aperture
- 8x optical zoom
- 43–344mm (35mm equivalent)
- 8 elements in 5 groups
- 1.52" (diagonal) back-lit LCD touchscreen display
- 8GB Built-In
External Controls, Connectors
- Power button
- Shutter button
- Zoom Slider
- Ultra-light anodized aluminum structural skin
- Silicone Rubber
- Full Auto
- Full Manual
- Shutter Priority (1/250–8 seconds)
- ISO-Priority (80–3200)
- Exposure Lock
- 4-stop ND Filter
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via microUSB to computer system or Lytro fast charger
- French (Canada)
- Free desktop application for importing, processing, applying filters, and interacting with living pictures from the camera.
Desktop Minimum Requirements:
- Desktop 4: Windows (Windows 7, 64-bit; Dual Core; DirectX 10+), Mac (10.9 or higher)
- Desktop 3: Windows (Windows 7 or higher, 64-bit; DirectX 10+), Mac (10.7-10.9 (NOT compatible with 10.10))
Full Desktop system requirements articles:
- Current Desktop 4 requirements: https://support.lytro.com/hc/en-us/articles/202590474-Desktop-4-System-Requirements
- Desktop 3 requirements: https://support.lytro.com/hc/en-us/articles/200865580-Lytro-Desktop-3-System-Requirements
Lytro Mobile App:
- Free iOS app uses your camera's Wi-Fi capabilities to share your living pictures directly to Lytro.com and Facebook from your iPhone or iPod touch
- 1.61"(W) x 1.61"(H) x 4.41"(D)
- Weight: 7.55 oz
90-Day Lytro Warranty
* Please note, comments are pre-moderated before they appear on this page.
Please see our FAQs page for our comments policy.
Great Products at Reasonable Prices
“I visit Yugster.com everyday to see new deals. The selection is wide and the prices are lower than other major online retailers. ”
I Love Yugsters Amazing Deals!
“I have been a customer of Yugsters for a long time now. Everything has always arrived in perfect shape, no breakage. I love this website.”