Now you can have both: Outstanding image quality from a camera with a worry-free guarantee. Of course, as the first-ever manufacturer to deliver super-tough compacts, Olympus has ensured the T-620 is no less robust then their predecessors.
What is different is iHS. This combination of advanced components means even people with an action-packed lifestyle can capture photos and Full HD movies to be proud of, no matter how fast their subject is moving nor how poor the light. With its high sensitivity and low noise capability, iHS powers a number of new Olympus features that take all the work out of capturing difficult shots.
Like a blazing quick autofocus and HDR Backlight Adjustment that takes a collage of separate photos and blends them into one perfectly exposed image when you’re shooting against the light. Or Multi-Motion Movie IS that lets you record virtually blur-free movies even when you’re moving yourself. The precision 5x wide optical zoom (28mm-140mm) lens offers the flexibility to pull out wide or zoom in close for amazing action close-ups. The TG-620 is waterproof to 5m, shockproof from 1.5m and will survive a night on the mountain at -10°C.
- Waterproof to 5m, shockproof to 1.5m and freezeproof to -10°C
- 5x wide optical zoom (28-140mm)
- 12 Megapixel backlit CMOS
- 1080p Full HD Movie and HDMI Control
- Multi-motion Movie IS
- iHS Technology
- 7.6cm/3.0" 460,000 dot HyperCrystal III LCD
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Magic Filter Movie and/or Stills
- HDR Backlight Adjustment
- Advanced iAuto and AF Tracking
- Face Detection and Advanced SAT
- Super-resolution Zoom
- 3D Photo Shooting Mode
- Beauty Make-up Mode
- Pet Detection Mode
- In-Camera Panorama
- LED Illuminator
- Scene Modes
- Eye-Fi Card compatibility
- Photo surfing and [ib] software
- USB-Battery Charge
- Metal body
- Image Sensor
- Effective pixels: 12 Megapixels
- Type: 1/2.3'' CMOS
- Lens: Optical zoom 5x (WIDE)
- Focal length (equiv. 35mm): 28 - 140mm
- Maximum aperture: 3.9 - 5.9
- Monitor type: HyperCrystal III LCD
- Monitor size: 7.6cm / 3.0'' (3:2)
- Resolution: 460000 dots
- Recording format: QuickTime Motion JPEG®
- HD Movie quality: 1080P
- Recording time: 29 mins.
- Movie quality: VGA
- Recording time: Up to card capacity
- Shock resistant
- Shock-proof from heights of up to 1.5m *
- Waterproof up to a water pressure equivalent to 5m depth **
- Freezeproof up to -10°C ***
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 98.4 x 65.9 x 21.9mm
- 167g (including battery and memory card)
* Please note, comments are pre-moderated before they appear on this page.
Please see our FAQs page for our comments policy.