When the rear wheel spins on a fluid trainer, an impeller rotates through liquid to create resistance. Since hydrodynamics and aerodynamics have similar properties, this resistance automatically increases with speed. The result is a smoother, quieter, more road-like experience. This is critical for any indoor cyclist, for the faster you pedal the harder the workload gets, just like an outdoor ride. Trainers with automatically adjusting workloads enable any rider to accurately measure their progress because the workloads are repeatable from day to day.
Kinetic offers the smoothest, quietest, road-like resistance, and 100 percent leakproof performance. Rather than using leak prone technology, like a drive shaft that penetrates the fluid chamber and depends on O rings and traditional seals, each Kinetic Fluid Trainer features a patented magnetic drive system. By using neodymium magnets to link the drive system together, the dependence on a physical drive shaft entering the fluid chamber is entirely eliminated--which means no need for O rings or seals that will eventually wear out and leak.
Kinetic Fluid Trainers are equipped with the heaviest flywheels available, ranging from a solid 4.4 pounds to a massive 18 pounds. The result is an ultra smooth, road-like ride without altering the force curve. So every acceleration and coast down delivers the experience of riding outdoors.
With the trapezoidal leg design and the largest footprint of any trainer, Kinetic Fluid Trainers keep power and motion focused on the flywheel. So even during hard, out-of-the-saddle pedaling, the ride remains rock steady.
Kinetic is the only trainer approved for use with tandems. Kinetic Trainers are also fully compatible with wheels measuring 16 to 29 inches (outside diameter), including bikes with flip-off skewers, breezer drops-outs, and nutted axles on track and BMX styling.
According to the laws of physics, energy is never lost or gained, but simply changes form. In the case of a fluid trainer, the energy of the spinning impeller inside the fluid chamber is converted into heat. Kinetic Fluid Trainers have been designed with 80 cast aluminum cooling fins to dissipate heat and provide the lowest operating temperature of any trainer.
Unlike other fluid trainers that lose resistance when the fluid is heated up, Kinetic Fluid Trainers use thermodynamically neutral liquid silicon to ensure a consistent, measurable and repeatable workload at all temperatures. The Kinetic Fixed Riser Ring is sold separately.
Yours until gone...
- Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine Indoor Bicycle Trainer
- Measurable and repeatable workload
- Compatible with Pro Flywheel
- Wattage calibrated resistance unit
- Sealed fluid chamber with magnetically coupled driveshaft
- Thermodynamically neutral silicone resistance fluid
- Consistent resistance at multiple temperatures
- 80 cooling fins to dissipate heat
- Lowest operating temperature of any fluid trainer
- Guaranteed not to leak
- Alternative cone cup
- Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty
What's In The Box?
- Kinetic Road Trainer
- Flywheel Weight: 6.25 pounds for realistic coast down
- Coast Down Time: 15-second coast from 20 miles per hour
- Resistance: 5 to 3,000+ watts
- Roller: 2-1/8 inches
- Dimensions: 23 x 21.5 x 9 inches
* Please note, comments are pre-moderated before they appear on this page.
Please see our FAQs page for our comments policy.